Acura – Safety – The Test
As shared Thursday morning with the Examiner by Acura Division, next weekend, NFL fans will watch the most emotionally driven thought provoking video produced in Acura history. The message sent as to human concern and care afforded during IIHS crash test assessment and active safety development is clear and thought provoking.
In speaking with Acura’s National Advertising Manager Leila Cesario, we learn that Acura is the only automotive manufacturer in North America to achieve both the coveted IIHS Top-Safety + rating, and the NHTSA new car assessment 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score across its entire 2016 car and light truck lineup. According to company insiders, Acura engineering is safety driven.
Beginning this weekend, Acura will broadcast during NFL Football a very thought provoking video short conveying a message of company – wide concern for your driving safety, from a very human-emotion perspective.
An automotive division of many safety firsts, Acura drives the premium car and SUV segment in advanced safety technology, financially attainable drive performance, occupant comfort, personal communication and entertainment adaptive connectivity.
We’ve personally experienced the accident preventive marvel that is the AcuraWatch ™ suite of active safety technologies in 2016 ILX A-SPEC, 2015-2016 TLX, 2014-2016 RLX Sports Hybrid, 2015-2016 MDX , and 2015-2016 RDX SUV. Acura surpasses government safety mandates in all categories, possibly saving lives while presenting a high quality premium vehicle at a reasonable MSRP in all categories and trim variants.
As stated by Acura’s North American chief executive, “At Acura, safety has been a part of our engineering culture and DNA since the inception of the brand nearly 30 years ago, something affirmed by these industry-leading safety ratings,” said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager, Acura division.
Acura Safety Leadership Facts
· Acura is the first and only automotive brand to earn a 5-star Overall Vehicle Score in the NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) across its entire model line.
· Acura is the only automaker to offer all three advanced technology features that are recommended by the NHTSA across its model line: Front Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning and Rearview Camera1.
· The AcuraWatch™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive features, including the technologies listed above, is available on every model in the Acura lineup.
· Acura is the only brand in the industry to receive the top rating of “Superior” from the IIHS for its front crash prevention technology across its model line1.
· This marks the second time Acura has led the industry in safety ratings. In 2009, Acura earned top safety ratings from the NHTSA and IIHS across its model lineup.
· Acura became the first automotive brand to introduce advanced driver-assistive technology to the luxury market when it offered autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with the introduction of its Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) on the 2006 Acura RL.
· Acura is promoting its safety leadership with an emotional advertising campaign that depicts how the Acura brand believes safety transcends technology and puts people first. The initiative is the first emotionally-driven safety campaign for the brand.
 Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program (www.SaferCar.gov). Information about crash avoidance technologies as part of the Government 5-Star Safety Ratings program can be found at www.SaferCar.go.
Information courtesy of American Honda Motors Acura Division.