2016 Honda Accord pricing and specifications
The facelifted 2016 Honda Accord has arrived in Australia, bringing with it new equipment, a new look and new pricing.
There has been plenty of new equipment added, too, including the entry-level upgrade to Honda‘s ingenious LaneWatch camera system that displays what you may not see onto the media screen when you indicate left.
Further, there’s the Honda Sensing range of safety tech that is on the mid-spec and top-end models, including collision mitigation braking system, lane keep assist system and road departure mitigation.
The media system has been updated with the latest phone connectivity technology, and the new model brings with it updated LED headlights on the mid- and top-spec versions.
The VTi model – now returned and upgraded to replace the VTi-S badge that has been dropped – gives Honda a more affordable entry point to its mid/large sedan range, while prices of the other variants in the range have risen.
The VTi and VTi-L models both make use of an unchanged 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine producing 129kW of power and 225Nm of torque, which is teamed to a standard five-speed automatic.
Fuel use for the VTi is rated at 8.0 litres per 100 kilometres, while the VTi-L – which gets larger wheels – claims 8.2L/100km.
The range-topping V6L model continues with the 3.5-litre, 206kW/339Nm six-cylinder engine teamed to a six-speed auto ‘box. It has claimed fuel use of 9.3L/100km.
As CarAdvice has previously reported, the Honda Accord Sport Hybrid has been axed from the range.
2016 Honda Accord range, equipment highlights by model
- Halogen headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Cruise control
- Dual-zone climate control
- 7.0-inch touchscreen media system
- Bluetooth phone and audio streaming
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- One-touch up/down electric windows (driver and front passenger seats only)
- Cloth seat trim
- Six-speaker stereo system
- Two USB outlets
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- LaneWatch camera with blind-spot monitoring system
- Multi-angle rear-view camera with dynamic guidelines
VTi-L (adds over VTi):
- Electric sunroof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- LED headlights
- Auto high-beam lights
- Active cornering headlights
- Auto headlights
- LED front fog-lights
- Adaptive cruise control
- Heated front seats
- One-touch up/down electric windows (all windows)
- Smart key entry and push-button start
- Electric rear window shade
- Manual rear side window shades
- Leather seat trim
- Power front seat adjustment (eight-way driver; four-way passenger) with driver’s memory settings
- Built-in satellite navigation with SUNA traffic updates
- DVD playback capability
- High-output six-speaker stereo system
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Honda Sensing suite of driver-assist technologies including:
Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS)
Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
V6L (adds over VTi-L):
- Variable cylinder management
- Twin exhaust outlets
- Rear spoiler
- Power front seat adjustment (eight-way driver; eight-way passenger) with driver’s memory setting
2016 Honda Accord pricing, plus on-road costs (changes in brackets)
VTi – $32,990 (previously VTi-S, down $1000)
VTi-L – $43,990 (up $1500)
V6L – $52,590 (up $600)